4 Fold Anniversary Card Commission
A friend commissioned a card for her husband for their 25th wedding anniversary. This 4 fold anniversary card is what I came up with. The brief was to incorporate some of the things he likes as well as be a keep sake to mark the event. I decided to use the 4 fold card as my design because each page could then tell it’s own story. Otherwise it can be hard to incorporate many different themes into one card design.
I started with a card base of basic grey and made up the 4 fold card base. I wanted a place to write so I created that on the last page, I added washi tape at the top of the page and a film strip done the righthand side (he’s into movies). A mat of Mint Macaron (retired) was added to introduce an accent colour. I used the you’re my person stamp from Falling for You stamp set, appropriate and I knew my friend would get this being a Grey’s Anatomy fan.
In the next section, I cased a design from Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop using the Urban Underground Designer Series Paper and the ‘Best Guy Ever’ greeting from Suite Sentiments stamp set (retired).
Behind the front cover I wanted a pocket for a couple of cards that could have more intimate messages written on them. I created a pocket using vellum with silver hearts (retired) and then I added a silver embossed vintage car. This is for his love of Fords, I used the vintage car from Guy Greetings stamp set.
On the back of the front cover I added a world stamp to indicate the love of travel with the greeting sending an understated message of love.
Celebrate with Silver
On the front cover, I had to have 25 in silver glimmer paper and more of the Urban Underground DSP. I love how this dsp coordinated with the theme while remaining in the background.
My friend loved it and was looking forward to giving it to her husband. I love doing projects like this. You could never buy something this unique and personal. If you’d like to learn how to make a 4 fold card then please join me at my August class where we’ll be making one together. You’ll find the class details here.
Or you can download the free tutorial here.
JULY STARTER KIT BONUS!
When you purchase the $189 Starter Kit during the month of July, you’ll get $285 in YOUR CHOICE of Stampin’ Up! products for $189 (that’s $96 in FREE product and the kit ships FREE) PLUS receive a BONUS Essentials Gift Pack including:
Paper Snips (the BEST scissors to keep at hand)
SNAIL Adhesive (my personal fave go-to adhesive)
Grid paper pack (a stamper’s MUST HAVE, and this one is FREE!)
Two (2!) D Blocks (clear acrylic blocks to hold your stamps, the most common size)
Bone Folder (another essential for every crafter’s supplies)
That’s an added value of $103.75 and the shipping is FREE? (yeah!)
Now add on the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set – early release just for you from the holiday catalogue for FREE($42 NZD)!
Click here to take advantage of these savings!
Find out more about being a demonstrator here
Any questions, just ask. I’m here to help!
Embossing Paste Eclectic Layers Card
I had a brainwave when I saw the Eclectic Layers Thinlits and the Embossing Paste. How amazing to have the thinlit shape with the rows of diamonds raised in the paste. I cut out the shape using the thinlit from Window Sheet, this way I can use the same mask over and over.
Here’s the card I created and demonstrated for attendees to make in my June classes.
The embossing paste is very easy to use either white or coloured with a few drops of reinker. I used a few drops of Soft Sky to colour the paste. We washed the mask between each person using it. This stopped the paste drying on the mask and stopped stray pieces of paste ending up in the wrong place.
The paste is a little ‘furry’ around the edges in places, I think that adds to the handmade and eclectic look of this design. The rest of the design was CASed from the annual catalogue page 132.
How to make it
- Base is Soft Sky cut at 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm
- The next layer is Night of Navy cut at 9.9cm x 14.2cm
- I used my Ecletic Layers Thinlit mask and Embossing Paste coloured with Soft Sky reinker to create the rows of diamond shapes
- I added 2 rows of Mini Sequin Trim beneath where the flower spray would go
- A lot of the stamps are Two Step so the flower was stamped in Berry Burst ink with the second stamp stamped off first
- The leaves are Emerald Envy
- After stamping, the flowers and leaves were cut out using the thinlits, the larger gold leaves used the Everyday Jars Framelits
- I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock and cut it by hand into the 2 parts and adhered using dimensionals
- I put glue of the back of the flower and held it in my hand while I placed the leaves and seed pod.
- Then the Metallic Thread was added and the whole thing was adhered using dimensionals
This Naturally Eclectic suite of products is fast becoming my favourite from the catalogue. The thinlit dies are so versitile as you can cut the centre of most pieces or the whole shape. Perfect for layering using the designer series paper. I can’t wait to explore more of the possibilities with this lovely set.
I’m so exited to share that Stampin’ Up! has announced a preorder on a new catalogue item Eastern Palace Suite. These special bundles are offered from May 1 – 31st, even before the new catalogue goes live. Once the catalogue is live you can still buy them however you won’t get the free gifts.
The Eastern Palace Suite is being offered in two bundles and they both offer a FREE gift.
The Eastern Palace Starter Bundle
Check out the Eastern Palace Starter Bundle below: It offers a free package of the Very Vanilla Note Cards and Envelopes
The Eastern Palace PREMIER Bundle
For more stamping fun the Eastern Palace PREMIER Bundle has additional products including the amazing Eastern Medallions Thinlits. Your free gifts are a package of Very Vanilla Envelopes and a package of the NEW – Thick Vanilla Card Stock.
Use the May Host code on your orders to earn a free Gift from me.
Please do not include the host code on orders $300 or more, you will still receive the FREE Gift, and your own Host Dollars
Questions? Email me, I’m here to help.
Beautiful Soft Sky Anniversary Card
This month’s class included this beautiful soft sky anniversary card. This card was cased from Leanne Johnson and the Occasions Catalogue page 50.
The Falling in Love Suite is pretty and elegant and it’s perfect for all marriage related occasions like anniversaries, weddings and engagements. The fonts and images are beautiful and the accessories compliment the suite perfectly. I especially love the doilies because they are Whisper White on one side and Very Vanilla on the other and they can be coloured using ink to any Stampin’ Up! ink colour that you like.
Tips & Tricks
- Card base is Soft Sky cardstock cut at 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm, mat also Soft Sky cut at 9.9cm x 14.2cm
- I embossed the mat using the Falling Petals embossing folder
- The doily is showing the Very Vanilla side
- The leaves are cut from Sahara Sand cardstock using the Flourish Thinlits. Because of the way the are popping out only one leaf is needed. Use the top 3 leaves under the top of the sentiment and the bottom 2 at the bottom.
- I stamped the sentiment from Falling For You in Sahara Sand ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and flagged the ends by hand. The leaves are sandwiched between the sentiment and the vellum layers.
- The Falling in Love Embellishment was adhered with a glue dot
- I used the dandelion images to stamp the inside of the card
Since you’re probably now in love with Falling in Love I must warn you that it will retire on 31 May. So order now to secure yours before they are gone. Perfect for all marriage related occasions and simply a beautiful set. Just use the Shop Now button on the right hand side of this post, simply follow that to place an order in my Stampin’ Up! shop. To join a class simply follow this link to register for my May classes.