Embossing Paste Eclectic Layers Card
I had a brainwave when I saw the Eclectic Layers Thinlits and the Embossing Paste. How amazing to have the thinlit shape with the rows of diamonds raised in the paste. I cut out the shape using the thinlit from Window Sheet, this way I can use the same mask over and over.
Here’s the card I created and demonstrated for attendees to make in my June classes.
The embossing paste is very easy to use either white or coloured with a few drops of reinker. I used a few drops of Soft Sky to colour the paste. We washed the mask between each person using it. This stopped the paste drying on the mask and stopped stray pieces of paste ending up in the wrong place.
The paste is a little ‘furry’ around the edges in places, I think that adds to the handmade and eclectic look of this design. The rest of the design was CASed from the annual catalogue page 132.
How to make it
- Base is Soft Sky cut at 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm
- The next layer is Night of Navy cut at 9.9cm x 14.2cm
- I used my Ecletic Layers Thinlit mask and Embossing Paste coloured with Soft Sky reinker to create the rows of diamond shapes
- I added 2 rows of Mini Sequin Trim beneath where the flower spray would go
- A lot of the stamps are Two Step so the flower was stamped in Berry Burst ink with the second stamp stamped off first
- The leaves are Emerald Envy
- After stamping, the flowers and leaves were cut out using the thinlits, the larger gold leaves used the Everyday Jars Framelits
- I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock and cut it by hand into the 2 parts and adhered using dimensionals
- I put glue of the back of the flower and held it in my hand while I placed the leaves and seed pod.
- Then the Metallic Thread was added and the whole thing was adhered using dimensionals
This Naturally Eclectic suite of products is fast becoming my favourite from the catalogue. The thinlit dies are so versitile as you can cut the centre of most pieces or the whole shape. Perfect for layering using the designer series paper. I can’t wait to explore more of the possibilities with this lovely set.