I’m creating cards for my January classes and I’m just loving this little note with Butterfly Gala card.
I cased the card from Bree Renwick using the Saleabration Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper that I received FREE from a qualifying order. This paper is stunning, plenty of butterflies and then some universal black and white patterns on the reverse. Find out how to get this paper here.
In the Details
Here’s a close up showing the details like the stitching on the DSP circle made using the Stitches Shapes Framelits. Also you can see the colouring on the stamped butterflies using the Blends with the sequins dotted around.
My favourite detail with this card is the inner. Here a section is folded inwards creating an area to attach the butterflies so they look like they are flying when the card is opened. This idea came from Shannean Moncrieff.
I punched the butterflies from the DSP and attached to small pieces of Window Sheet so they fly above the inner when the card is opened. Love! Love!
How to make the card
- Card base is Thick Whisper White 14.7cm x 21cm score at 10.5cm and fold
- Layer is Basic Black 9.9cm x 14.2cm
- Layer of Whisper White 9.7cm x 14cm
- Black/White stripe DSP 9.7cm x 3.8cm, adhere in the centre of the Whisper White layer
- Thin strip of butterfly DSP 9.7cm x 1cm adhere approx 1cm up from the bottom on top of the black/white striped piece
- Cut a Stitched Circle from the butterfly DSP and adhere on top of the other 2 DSP layers to th eleft of centre
- Stamp 2 butterflies from the Butterfly Gala stamp set in Memento Ink on scrap Whisper White
- Colour the butterflies using the Stampin’ Blends. I used light Pool Party and dark and light Highliand Heather. If you don’t have blends you could sponge using a dauber
- Punch the butterflies using the Butterfly Duet punch and adhere them using dimensionals
For the Inner
- Cut a Whisper White piece at 14.4cm x 20cm, score at 10cm and fold
- Fold the folded corner towards the centre as shown in the video here at approx 40 seconds into the video
- Open the inner and re-fold as shown in the video so the triangle is coming towards you, burnish the folds
- Adhere into the card making sure the card will still open flat
- I punched butterflies from the Botanical Butterfly DSP but you could stamp, colour and punch like the ones we did for the front of the card
- Cut thin strips of Window Sheet and adhere to your butterflies
- Position the butterflies by holding each one in place and closing the card to make sure the butterflies are safely tucked inside the card when it’s closed.
- Adhere each one to the triangle folded piece using glue dots
- Stamp the sentiment on the card front using Memento Ink
- Add the sequins in a triangular pattern to the card
We are making this Little Note with Butterfly Gala card in class on Saturday 19th January. To book your seat click here.
Or if you live in New Zealand order the supplies in my shop so you can make it yourself