This is my second paper art canvas and I’m totally in love with it. This is my style, soft with a little bling and some white space.
Paper Art Canvas
Starting with a 6″x 6″ white canvas I added texture paste through a mask from the Sweet Soiree Decorative Masks. After the paste had dried I sprinkled on some red Brusho and spritzed with water. I wanted a light pink and I’m pretty happy with the result. If you look closely you can see small specks of blue, these seemed to come out of the canvas when I spritzed the water on.
Then I built up the layers of the cake using elements from the Sweet Soiree suit on pages 10 – 13 of the Occasions Catalogue.
How I made it
- I stamped the solid cake image in Powder Pink
- Then I stamped the detailed image over the top in Versamark ink and used Silver Embossing Powder
- I also stamped a flower on Berry Burst cardstock and embossed
- I cut out the leaves and foliage elements using the thinlets in Berry Burst, Daffodil Delight and Silver Foil
- The first layer is a Vellum/Silver foil die-cuts from the Embellishment Kit
- I used dimensionals underneath the cake to add depth
- Lastly I added some of the Metallic Enamel Shapes in Silver
The Cake Soiree suite is a firm favourite from this catalogue and I love how I managed to create this paper art canvas using these images as a lasting home decor piece.
I will run a special class on this type of mixed media in the near future, if you would like to be notified of the class then sign up to receive my monthly newsletter.